This recipe from Amynb on Tasty Kitchen has been in my 'favorites' for awhile but I'd never ventured to make it. I'm always leery to make a recipe with no photos since I generally like to gauge my end result to theirs. Boy, was I glad to take a gamble on this one. Its coleslaw flavoring meets macaroni salad. It was fresh, new and utterly fabulous. This dish came together in a snap and used just a handful of ingredients. Better still, it was just as delicious warm as it is cold. (hey, I had to taste test!) I only tweaked it a bit, adjusting to our palates but feel free to check out the original up there by clicking on Amy's name. It was really massively yummy. And as a bonus, once warmer weather rolls around, this will be perfect for picnics since there isn't any mayonnaise to go bad on you! I LOVE THAT!
![]() |
| Click to enlarge. |
from Amynb @ Tasty Kitchen, tweaked by me
- 1 pound box Elbow Mac (or your choice of macaroni shape - I used cavatappi)
- 1 whole Small Onion Chopped
- 2 stalks Of Celery, Chopped
- 4 whole Hard Boiled Eggs, Chopped
- Paprika, Salt & Pepper to taste
- Approx. 1/8 cup sugar (again, to taste)
- 1 cup Marzetti's Original Cole Slaw Dressing (or more to taste)
- 4 whole Hard-boiled Eggs, Sliced (as edible decoration on top, optional)
Cook the macaroni according to the directions on the box.
While it cooks, chop your onions, celery, and eggs.
When pasta is cooked, drain. While it is still warm add the cole slaw dressing, onions, celery, chopped eggs, and add sugar, paprika, salt and pepper to taste. Mix together well, adding more dressing if you desire
.
Place salad in your serving bowl. Smooth out the top and place the sliced eggs on top. Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
* Oh, wait! Yeah, my MEGA BIG ANNOUNCEMENT! If you didn't catch it on Facebook, keep your eyes peeled for our upcoming Thanksgiving Spectacular with a triple feature from Siggy Spice, Thecountrycook and me! You won't want to miss this! *












That looks so yummy and simple. I absolutely adore macaroni salad!
ReplyDelete