Sunday, March 21, 2010

Springtime Cake!

This is my very cherished lemon sparkle cake.  This cake recipe never fails, never lets me down and is so easily adaptable, it will soon become your spring/summer dessert favorite. 

I decide this weekend that for the two new permanent party soliders that just got stationed here at West Point in the lab that I would make them a good, homecooked meal.  They are both single and young and have no family nearby.  So to treat them, I made bbq shredded pork sammies, a super cheesy hashbrown casserole and this cake.  I hope they (and you!) enjoy the cake. 

Let me say too...that you can use the strawberry or orange flavored cake mixes too if you choose.  Just switch out the pudding flavors as well to match.  And leave the zest in or out but I think it's pretty to see flecks of color. 

Lemme know how you all enjoy it!

Lemon Sparkle Cake

•1 box Lemon Flavored Cake Mix
•1 box Lemon Instant Pudding (small Box)
•¾ cups Canola Or Vegetable Oil
•4 whole Large Eggs
•1 cup Sprite, 7 Up Or Any Lemon-lime Flavored Soda
•½ teaspoons Orange Extract
•1 whole Lemon Or 2 Limes Zest (optional)

Preheat oven to 325. Spray a 10 inch bundt cake pan with non-stick cooking spray – set aside. Feel free to flour your pan if needed but I usually don’t.

In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pudding mix then stir in oil. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in soda. Add orange extract and zest, if using and mix well.

Pour into prepared cake pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into middle. I start checking about 30 minutes to be sure.

Allow to cool before frosting or glazing. I use lemon juice and confectioner’s sugar to glaze mine but feel free to use milk in place of juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes

What's the difference between a boyfriend and a husband? About 30 pounds.
Cindy Garner

Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving.
Rosalind Russell


 

Sublime Hodge Podge | A deliciously, delightful foodie/recipe blog! | Copyrighted by Jill Moore| Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates