Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bow-Tie Lasagna Rave and Review

Her stylized, yummy picture!

Just like it says, I'm writing today to review the Bow-Tie Lasagna from Rozanie at Tasty Kitchen.  In fact, I'm absolutely going to RAVE about it because this dish was simply phenomenal.  So good in fact, my hubby and I gorged ourselves on the 6 portions.  We totally pigged out and its a rare recipe that makes us do that.  This was one of those gems that you can't quit eating.  We even had rolls with it and *still* ate all 6 servings.  Its just really, really good food, folks.

When I saw it, I thought "Wow, like a homemade Hamburger Helper!  Cool!"  I added it to my recipe file and it sat there for weeks.  Then one night, I didn't have much sitting around for dinner but I knew I had enough to make this.  So I tried it and let me tell you - Hamburger Helper would be selling completely out in stores everywhere if they could make theirs taste 1/10th the way hers does.  Its soo creamy, so rich tasting that you just cannot stop yourself from eating it.
My "Hurry Up, I'm Starving!" picture.

I've heard of people stirring in cream cheese to add some creaminess to their tomato sauce but this version uses sour cream.  The extra zip and tang really set off this dish and made it pop with flavor.  I read some of the reviews before I made it, and like alot of them, I stirred in some grated parm cheese with the last of the ingredients and let it melt in with the mozzerella cheese.  Then I added more before serving.  I've made this twice now, once using ground beef and the other using sweet Italian sausage and both were amazing.

Do yourself a favor and make this one night when you need a quicky dinner.  You won't be sorry...and you'll never reach for a box dinner again.  That's it folks...simple, fast and easy!  I used Ragu's traditional sauce because I was just too lazy to make my own and I had it sitting around.  She uses her own homemade sauce.  So preference is yours!  Mine looks a little 'soupy' because I don't think I had enough noodles left over in my box.  (just a note that yours will probably looks different depending on the sauce you use)

Bow-Tie Lasanga by Rozanie

  • 1 pound Ground Chuck or Italian sausage
  • 5 cups Bow Tie Noodles
  • 3 cups Spaghetti Sauce (or Pizza Sauce, Whatever You Prefer)
  • 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
  • ½ teaspoons Garlic Powder
  • 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning (or More, Make It To Your Taste)
  • ½ cups Mozzarella Cheese
  • ½ cups Sour Cream
Fry meat in small pan. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions.

After noodles are cooked, drain and drizzle with olive oil. Mix in your spaghetti sauce.  Add your fried hamburger, seasonings, cheese, and sour cream. Fold together and allow it all to combine and melt together, over low heat, for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.


4 comments:

  1. I make this sometimes and my family loves it! I usually substitute ricotta cheese for the sour cream. I call it "Lazy-man's Lasagna" since it is so much easier than layering the ingredients with traditional Lasagna noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah Karin, ricotta is a given to be good with that! I like the texture it adds to anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so good....I wish I had a better tomato sauce for it though. I've done ragu and my own but nothing looks like her picture. She home cans.

    ReplyDelete

Quotes

What's the difference between a boyfriend and a husband? About 30 pounds.
Cindy Garner

Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving.
Rosalind Russell


 

Sublime Hodge Podge | A deliciously, delightful foodie/recipe blog! | Copyrighted by Jill Moore| Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates