I had such an intense craving this morning for Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Chunk Cinnamon Rolls...it was flat out awful how badly I craved those. I adore her version but I find it long and tedious to make them so I only do it for special occasions and holiday brunches. Today though, my cravings would not be sufficed by a bowl of Special K. I had to have chocolate.
Inspired by my insatiable lust for chocolate and mixed with the ease of TheCountryCook's shortcut apple danishes, I came up with my own version of chocolate chip cinna-mini's complete with icing for dunking. My 15 year old proclaimed them "winner, winner"...and I whole-heartedly agree! Give them a whirl, won't you?
These use those fabulous new Pillsbury crescent roll sheets in the tube. So easy to do!
Chocolate Chip Cinna-Mini's
1 tube of crescent roll sheets
cinnamon, for sprinkling
brown sugar, for sprinkling
mini chocolate chips, for sprinkling
2 tbsp melted butter
glaze (recipe follows)
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
On a lightly floured surface, unroll your crescent roll sheet and re-shape into a rectangle, if needed. Just pull it into shape; it won't mind at all.
With a pastry brush, brush on the melted butter, coating VERY well. Sprinkle a good healthy amount of cinnamon over the butter. Now sprinkle about a cup of brown sugar over top of the cinnamon and butter. Using your fingers, schmear it all together, coating the dough sheet well. Now sprinkle on about a half cup of mini-chocolate chips (or less/more if you like).
With the long edge facing you, roll up tightly. Pinch the seam to the dough to seal. Now using a very sharp serrated knife (I used my bread knife), cut dough into 1 inch slices. (I think I ended up with 10 slices) Place about an inch apart on your cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving and dipping into the dipping glaze.
Dipping Glaze
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla (I used vanilla paste so you can see the vanilla bean specks in my picture)
4-5 teaspoons milk
Mix all together. If too thick, add a splash more of milk to desired consistency.

Okay this is awesomeness. I mean awesomer than awesome. Love it my friend - love it! And hugs to you for thinking of me. Your pictures are so lovely - I'm craving this bad. Ok that's it - headin to Wally World!!
ReplyDeleteI think I may have these for breakfast. They look so yummy! Thanks for the recipe.
ReplyDeleteThese look yummaliscious!! I am going to have to make these soon. Thanks for sharing!! :)
ReplyDeleteOk now i have to try this ! on my way to the store now.!!
ReplyDeleteJust what I needed to see the second day after I started Weight Watchers!!!! And I have diabetes, but I would SO LOVE to eat them!!!!
ReplyDeleteHoped on over from facebook and My Catholic Kitchen. These look fabulicious! Now following, come stop by Comfy Cuisine!
ReplyDeletecan't wait to try them!
ReplyDelete