Friday, July 30, 2010

Braised Pork over Rice

Keeping in line with my cruddy week, I decided to start off the weekend right by making my most favorite meal in the entire world.  As in, if I was on my death bed, I would request someone make this for me.  Its seriously THAT good.  Warm, spicy, sweet - its everything good in one pan that you could ever want.  Husbands swoon and kids lick their chops when the sauce hits the pan and the aroma fills the house beckoning everyone to the table.  Its just majestic.  Say 'amen' now because you'll swear its heaven sent.  Heck, they might even serve this in heaven while playing "Kings and Queens" from 30 Seconds to Mars while we eat Hang It on the Wall cake for dessert.  Well, maybe that's just my version of the afterlife. There had better be prosecco in there somewhere too...that's another post entirely though.  HA!

Do yourself a favor if you make this.  Have everything chopped, diced and measured beforehand.  It moves fairly quickly and its just convenient to have everything prepared ahead of time.  Also, feel free to use whatever rice you like.  I've done brown rice, jasmine, white...just whatever you want.  For my laziness, boil in a bag is great.  Do NOT over stir the meat while frying. You want it to get a nice crispy coating to it. Frying in two batches helps avoid steaming the meat and making the coating gummy. Two batch frying allows it to crisp instead. Well worth the extra five minutes.

Click to enlarge.
Braised Pork over Rice

  • 2 pounds Boneless Pork In 1 Inch, Bite Sized Cubes
  • 1 Tablespoon Each Corn Starch And Flour, For Dredging
  • 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
  • ⅔ cups Beef Broth
  • ⅔ cups Soy Sauce
  • 4 Tablespoons Cooking Sherry
  • ¼ cups Finely Diced White Onion
  • 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
  • 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
  • 2 Tablespoons Sugar
  • 1 dash Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
  • 2 bags Boil In A Bag Rice, Prepared To Directions

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Dredge meat in flour/cornstarch mix. Add half of meat to hot skillet and brown quickly. Remove and set aside. Brown remaining meat and set aside. Pour off excess oil from the pan.

In a small bowl, combine the stock, soy and sherry. Add onion, garlic, sugar, ginger, salt and pepper, stirring well to combine.  Add reserved meat back to the skillet with the sauce and simmer covered for 15 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve over rice.  Serves 6 amply well.

4 comments:

  1. Normally I do not learn post on blogs, however I wish
    to say that this write-up very pressured me to take a look at
    and do so! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thank you, very great article.


    My blog: exsocial.tk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about civic discourse.
    Regards

    My web-site; Just Click The Next Site

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there I am so glad I found your web site, I really found you by
    error, while I was browsing on Digg for something
    else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say thanks
    for a tremendous post and a all round enjoyable blog (I
    also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to browse
    it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds,
    so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please
    do keep up the excellent b.

    My webpage ... http://pornharvest.com/index.php?m=2216190

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, i believe that i saw you visited my web site so i came to go back the want?
    .I'm trying to in finding issues to enhance my site!I suppose its ok to make use of some of your ideas!!

    Feel free to visit my weblog: more

    ReplyDelete

Quotes

What's the difference between a boyfriend and a husband? About 30 pounds.
Cindy Garner

Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving.
Rosalind Russell


 

Sublime Hodge Podge | A deliciously, delightful foodie/recipe blog! | Copyrighted by Jill Moore| Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates