Since tomorrow is my biggest cooking/prep day and Thursday is THE big day, I wanted to share this today. New stuff coming FRIDAY! Enjoy the holiday everyone!
On this day, I want to give thanks for the following:
- I discovered El Pato Tomato Sauce in all its glorious wonder. God Bless Pioneer Woman for having a dish that included it b/c I use it on everything now.
- I learned how to make true authentic NY style pizza while living at West Point and broke my addiction to Chef Boyardee pizza sauce. (which is hard to find here)
- That Coca Cola fountain pop is the best thing on the planet STILL in all its syrupy goodness.
- I finally found a quality wine bottle opener under $30 and its lasted all year long. *fingers crossed*
- M & M's brought out a pretzel version. Amen.
- I had the best meal of my LIFE this past year @ Paesano's in San Antonio.
- I figured out that one hour of Zumba can erase two slices of cheesecake caloric count wise.
- Fresh Market has Dad's Red Cream soda in single serve glass bottles. It doesn't taste right otherwise. I have one every Saturday after shopping on the way home. :P
- That the butcher calls me 'sweetheart' and makes me blush while handing over my wrapped package of boneless pork chops. You're never too old to be called that. lol
- I discovered King Arthur Flour's website is chock full of yummy recipes, like the best chocolate cake recipe in the entire frikkin' world.
- I learned how to make my own delicious ice cream & sorbets finally!
- I made my first batch of homemade, hand cut spaghetti noodles and they were awesome possum.
- I ate my first piece of broccoli since childhood and lived to tell the tale.
- My dad gave me my grandmother's near 100 year old fudge recipe after she passed.
- That my hubby bought me a KitchenAid stand mixer. My sore, arthritic hands thank him daily for that but my thighs curse him.
- That I come from a long line of good cooks who weren't ever afraid to use real butter, heavy cream or fatty cuts of meat for fear of extra calories.
- That through cooking, I have met many, many dear friends and two that I consider my sisters of the heart, Siggy and Brandie. Thank you for your inspirations and humor! :)
- That I have a hubby who will eat ANYTHING I make, even if its horrible and just lovingly suggest it needs more salt and pepper! lol
In all seriousness though, I do give real thanks that...
- My children have favorite things I make for them, and them alone. I know some day they'll tell their kids stories about my alfredo or my chicken & dumplings with the same fondness I have for my grandparent's chicken noodle soup casserole.
- I got to experience big family gatherings around my grandparent's big table with food overflowing everywhere along with the laughter and singing and my grandmother playing/singing at her piano nearly every holiday. My children didn't get to experience this with them before they passed. I'm thankful for the time I had with them.
- I've finally learned the true meaning behind "This too shall pass"....and that thankfully, yet mercifully, this year is nearly past and with it, everything that was negative in my life is gone. I made it even when I didn't think I could hold out for one more day.
- That my 14 year old son's neck injury had not required surgery yet and he is healing and that my daughter is doing well in her first year at college and her first time away from home for any length of time.
- The Universe gave me a husband who is so loving and caring of others, he dedicates himself to selfless service in our country's military. I've never respected someone more for what they do. For him and every other military member, I am eternally grateful of what you do and what sacrifices you bear.
Much Love to You & Your Families Today, (as everyday)


That gave me goosebumps (and my eyes might have gotten a little moist too). You can never go wrong when speaking from the heart. Hugs to you!! Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely perfect my friend! I too am grateful I met my kitchen sista :) xoxo
ReplyDeleteHugs to both you girlies! Lub joo's! <3
ReplyDelete